The main objective of the project: to ensure maintenance of biologically valuable grasslands by enhancing alternative, economically sustainable approaches to the use of grassland biomass as well as establishing co-operation models between farmers, entrepreneurs and local authorities, this would ensure viability of grassland management and proposed technological solutions.
• To assess biological and economic value of grassland ecosystems and available amount of biomass at the two project pilot areas;
• To assess the use potential of the grassland biomass of the project pilot areas;
• To develop area specific technological solutions for grassland management and utilization of biomass in economically sustainable way;
• To inform local stakeholders about alternative options for use of grassland biomass;
• To establish contacts and co-operation networks among land owners and entrepreneurs engaged in production of energy and various goods from grassland biomass;
• To demonstrate in practice alternative technological solutions for biomass processing to wide range of interested stakeholders thus promoting application of proposed technologies and co-operation models elsewhere.